I can’t even count how many excuses I’ve heard over the years from people who want to make changes in their life but then come up with all the “reasons” they can’t do it right now. Yeah, I get it. I did it too….for a while.
Here’s your checklist. (BTW – it’s okay if you get “caught”, clarity is a good thing!)
- You often come up with excuses like lack of money, or not having enough time, for taking the opportunities that come your way.
- You are not willing to do what it takes to change your circumstances.
- You don’t realize how your thoughts and what you believe at a really deep level, are creating the way things are right now.
- You are afraid to step out and challenge yourself.
- You don’t feel confident enough.
- You are afraid to invest in yourself in order to grow.
- Your inner critic gets very loud.
- You sometimes doubt your abilities and then hold yourself back.
- You haven’t had the money/success conversation with yourself yet to give yourself permission to go after what you want.
- You don’t take the time to simply ask questions and reflect on what your heart really wants.
- You shy away from opportunities that would help you grow in a big way.
- You focus too much on the negative and “why it wouldn’t work” type mentality.
- You compare yourself on the inside to how others appear on the outside, and use that as a guage for measuring your level of success.
- You allow fear of rejection, or fear of failure, to get in the way of taking action and stop you from moving forward.
- You are not clear enough in your goals and your life purpose.
I know, that was hard to swallow. If self-sabotage is keeping you from having the life you want to have, let me know, I can help! Maybe just a bit of coaching will get you on track. As always, I love to hear from you, so let me know what gets in your way, okay?